It's no secret we go totally nuts almost every time Gwyneth Paltrow leaves her house. There's something about the Coldplay loving, haircut inspiring (no really, start counting how many girls you see a day with a long bob who's front is way longer than its back), Shakespeare in Love star that makes us just admire the crap out of her seemingly together perfection. She'll always be the girl in high school that's way too cool and impeccably dressed but who seemed like she just threw on that leather jacket without a care in the world. Sure she's got a tad of pretension to her, but wouldn't you be a little pretentious if your godfather was Steven Spielberg and your best friends were Madonna and Stella McCartney? Anyone? Pretensions aside I'll never forget how much I wanted her Sliding Doors haircut back in the day and her white barely there slip of a Calvin Klein dress at the Oscars with Brad Pitt. Now that was a couple am I right? Sorry Brangeloonies. I digress...
Point is, Gwyneth has been taking her Tracy Anderson toned legs out for a long walk while on her Iron Man 2 promotional tour, and I'm loving every single second of it. Shorts, mini dresses, elegant sheaths, a crazy cool cropped black leather jacket and sophisticated gowns to boot. And all just in the past week. Whether you like GOOP or not (we do), take a look at the looks that had us crowning Gwyneth this week's most stylish star.
PS - She's clearly in NYC and was strangely absent from the MET Gala. Weird.</p>
1. Gwyneth goes red in what now seems to be her new designer of choice - Victoria Beckham - for an appearance on The Marriage Ref (airing tonight on NBC). Anyone else not understand how that show is getting such a high wattage of stars?
2. At the Chopard event in NYC she has all of us doing a double take of her seemingly conservative Antonio Berardi dress upon revealing its plunging cowl back.
3. For the Bent on Learning (an organization that aims to teach NYC school children yoga and meditation. sounds like my kind of peeps) event GP chose VB again. Did I confuse you? Gwynnie decided to show off her legs yet again in a metallic Victoria Beckham (yet again) mini dress.
4. On her way to see David Letterman Gwyneth literally looks casually cool (which good for her given how hot it is here) in Hanii Y. shorts and a beautiful Michael Angel top. So into this peachy blush color right now it's crazy.
5. For Good Morning America she had me feeling like a school nerd all over again in her tough girl black leather jacket and J Brand's "901" denim leggings.
6. The dress that started it all. Mrs. Chris Martin started off her Iron Man tour in, what else, Victoria Beckham at a photo call for the movie. Little did we know this was the first of many Posh/Gwyn partnerships.
Anyone else plan on seeing Iron Man 2 this weekend?