Nothing like 4th of July weekend shopping to bring out my inner "Preppy." I only capitalize it because I mean it in the Slater's nickname for Zack way.
With a weekend in the capital of prep (aka Nantucket) ahead of me, I figured it was about time to add some New England charm to my Bohemian chic. With just a smidgen of "Gidget" mixed in for the perfect 60s surfer girl summer.
Like the last minute holiday planner that I am, I narrowed it down to a few decisive items that will make all the difference on my pseudo prepster weekend. Happy Birthday America!
1. Can't completely let go of my inner hippie now can I? Velvet Kiki Shadow Tie Dye Tank Dress. $129. at revolveclothing.com
2. Stepping off the ferry with the perfect bag is a necessity. J. Crew Canvas Overnight Bag. $36.50. at <a href "http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/bags/fabricbags/PRDOVR~23302/23302.jsp">jcrew.com</a>
3. Gidget personified. Delia's Hearts Bandeau and Hipster. $22.50 each. At delias.com
4. Ideal for those late night clambakes, no? Wildfox Couture Malibu Girl Baggy Beach Sweatshirt. $108. at urbanoutfitters.com
5. SPF 30, keratin, ginseng, cashmere protein, wheatgrass and a multitiude of other powerful sounding ingredients promise maximum sun coverage with the added bonus of skin detox, toning and firming. Very much worth its high price tag. Sunday Riley Cashmere SPF 30. $125. at barneys.com
6. It's not 4th of July without boating shoes now is it?? Sperry Top-Sider. $74. at nordstrom.com